Click here to register online for a temporary library card. -Enter your address on the map search, then click the “Get a Card!” button to begin registration.
To register in person:
If you reside in the William Floyd School District you may apply for a library card at the library’s Circulation desk. You will need proper identification for name and street address verification.
Please present one (1) form of photo identification from the following list when applying for a library card:
- Current New York State Driver’s license with your current street address listed
- Current New York State Identification card with your current street address listed
Please present two (2) different forms of identification from the following list if you do not have a New York State Driver’s License or a New York State Identification card:
- Automobile registration card with your current street address listed
- Automobile insurance card with your current street address listed
- Tax assessment notice with your current street address listed
- Current mortgage or lease agreement with your current street address listed
- Recent utility bill with your current street address listed
- Recent pay stub with your current street address listed
- Recent piece of mail addressed to you with your current street address listed
- Any other Photo ID with your name listed
*Identification with a P.O. Box address will not be accepted as proof of residency
Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign their library card registration.
Your library card will be mailed to you within 5 business days.
The Community Library also contracts with the Eastport/South Manor Central School District. Residents of this district are eligible to join one of their four local libraries. Residents may apply in person to the library of their choice for a library card, which is valid for one year. The service year begins on July 1 and runs through June 30 of the following year. Residents of the Eastport/South Manor Central School District vote each year to approve or disapprove public library service.
Please report a lost or stolen library card to the Circulation Department immediately. This will ensure that another individual cannot use your card. There will be a $1.00 charge for replacing your library card initially, followed by a $2.00 charge each occurrence thereafter.